Saturday 23 May 2020

Mung beans Porridge

Hello,

My family used to make this bubur kacang hijau or mung bean porridge for an afternoon tea especially when durian are in season because durian and mung bean are an irresistibly sweet combination.


Mung bean porridge is a sweet dessert cooked in coconut milk and sago pearls, some people add sweet corn into this dessert, it tastes good too.



MUNG BEAN PORRIDGE

Ingredients;

1/2 cup mung beans, soak for at least 4 hours
5 cups water
1/2 cup sugar/brown sugar/palm sugar
1/4 cup sago pearls
200ml coconut milk

METHOD;

- Combine mung beans and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes until beans are tender. Stirring occasionally.
- Add brown or palm sugar, sago pearls and a pinch of salt, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lastly add the coconut milk, reduced the heat and simmer for another few minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.

Enjoy mung bean porridge for afternoon tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.