Thursday 21 May 2020

Vegetable Egg Murtabak

Hello,

Murtabak or martabak, this tasty savoury snack is quite popular in Asia, a pan fried folded flatbread or spring roll sheet that can be stuffed with meat or vegetable. I used brick pastry as a wrappers since I don't have spring roll sheets or flatbread.


When I make these murtabak as an afternoon snack, it turned out to be a rather light dinner for us. It does make us feel full and satisfied.



VEGETABLE EGG MURTABAK

Ingredients;

4-6 brick pastry sheets
2 egg
1 onion, chopped
2 potatoes, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 tablespoon curry powder
Some chopped spring onions
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Heat some oil in a saucepan and fry onion until fragrant.
- Add curry powder and a bit of water, cook for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and a cup of water, season with salt and pepper, cook for 5-10 minutes until potatoes are tender and fairly dry. Cool.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and spring onions, add potato curry filling, mix well.
- Take a single or double layer of brick pastry or spring roll wrapper, fill a few tablespoons of egg potato filling and fold into square shape.
- Heat up frying pan and a little bit of oil and place the folded murtabak and cook until golden brown on both side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.