Monday 2 February 2015

Prune Cake

Bonsoir,

Month are passing so much quickly nowadays and we are in February 2015 already. I just received news from my family to informed me that my nephew wife just gave birth to they first baby. I just want to congratulate them on their new bundle of joy!

A few weeks ago I made a simple and easy prune cake for our weekly ceramic class, so today I'll share the recipes! At the same time, this recipe collections also will be for my future reference.



PRUNE CAKE

Ingredients:

200g pitted prune
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
80g butter, melted
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

METHOD:

- Boil the prunes with 1/2 cup of water until soften. Once the prune cool, drain it off and mash them.
- Preheat oven 170° and prepare baking pan. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- Beat together melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg one at a time, follow by milk, vanilla extract and continue to beat them.
- Add flour mixture little by little and keep stirring.
- Lastly, add mashed prune and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

Voila, enjoy the prune cake!

3 comments:

  1. Great recipe.Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I can show you photos of my prune cake!😋😋😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, please do and I am sure yours tastes better too.

      Delete

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.