Friday 3 July 2015

Haw Flakes Cake

Bonjour,

July is here, the summer begins and holiday season already starting and many people intend to go travel everywhere within the country or abroad. We have decided not to travel this summer but we just have a great place to go, especially on summer weekends.

This week I'm planning to make a few cakes since one of our friends will visit us this weekend and I managed to bake the first cake this morning, haw flakes cake. I get haw flakes sweets from Asian grocery stores here. Pretty simple to make and this cake does not disappoint me. I made half a recipe of the cake to test it and I love it.



HAW FLAKES CAKE

Ingredients:

325g butter
250g sugar
300g flour
6 eggs
1 teaspoon vanila extract
100g haw flakes, finely chopped

METHOD:

- Preheat oven 180° and prepare baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue by adding vanila extract, keep stirring the batter.
- Add flour and haw flakes, stir until evengthing is well combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Instead of baking, steaming also works for this cake.

Happy baking!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mich88, yes I used 180celcius, it's also depend on your oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to add baking powder? Can we use Self Raising Flour? Tq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, sure you can use self rising flour. Happy baking then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, referring to add baking powder in this recipe, actually even without baking powder this cake turned out light because the step of beating the softened butter and sugar until creamy to almost a ribbon stage. Adding the eggs one at the time will adding some volume to the mixture and the mixture getting creamier..But there is no harm by using a little bit of baking powder or self raising flour.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.