Tuesday 6 May 2014

Sardines in tomato sauce with onion and garlic

Salut,

I love sardines. I've been eating sardines in the can since I was a child. I always have stock sardines in my pantry so I can cook this dish whenever I craving for it. There are so many brand of canned sardines produces here and these sardines are available in a variety of flavors. For me, I liked sardines in tomato sauce.

Like many people here eat sardines straight from the can without cooking them, because for them cooking would spoil the texture. Some eat it with salad and bread with squeeze of lemon. Unlike me, I really liked eating canned sardines when it is cook and fried up with onion, garlic, chilli padi and extra tomato sauce and again, served with rice. So yummy..

It's happen once when I cooked sardine and make them for sardines sandwich, it surprises some people that never had them that way before. In fact they like it and asking what did I put on my sardine recipe.

So, here come of my simple recipe of sardines in tomato sauce with onion and garlic.



SARDINES IN TOMATO SAUCE WITH ONION AND GARLIC 

Ingredients:-

1 tin of sardines in tomato sauce
1 onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic,sliced
Chilli padi, optional
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD:-

- Fry onion, garlic and chilli with a little oil in frying pan until onions slightly softened.
- Add the sardines, tomato ketchup and soy sauce. Add it about 3 tablespoon of water and simmer for a minute.
- Once the sauce little bit thickened, season with salt and pepper.
- Sardines are ready to serve with rice and sprinkle with some lemon.
- This dish also can make for sardine sandwich or sardine roll.

Voila, bon appetit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.