Monday 12 May 2014

Rojak (Exotic Malaysian Salad)

Salut a tous...

Rojak is in Malay, it means 'mixed up'. By mixing up everything in one plate that's we called Rojak. The following recipe is based on the Malay preparation. The sauce quite spicy but it's depend on the individual taste, you just put less chilli or avoid it. It's a unique taste, but give it a try, try it to believe it.

Being apart from family just make me miss asian food. My sister and mostly I miss my mom's cooking. No matter how adventure it is, I will always have things that I miss from home. I love spicy food and anything with chillies, I would not refused.

So, here is the recipe of homemade Rojak. I got some of the stuffs from Asian grocery store and there is some of asian things I can find there.



ROJAK

Ingredients:-

2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 tablespoon chilli sauce
1 tablespoon chilli paste or chilli powder
1 tablespoon thick tamarind paste
4 tablespoon dark brown sugar or gula melaka
1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste or belachan
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
1 teaspoon sesame seed

METHOD:-

- To make the sauce, thoroughly mix all ingredients except peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Bring to boil and stir to mix constantly until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool completely.

For the fruit:-
- Cucumber, pineapple, guava, beansprout and fried tofu.
- Any fruits such an apple or pear would be good too.
- Cut the fruits into bite size and toss them into salad bowl.
- Stir in sauce and top with crushed peanuts and sesame seeds.

Voila, enjoy the Rojak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.