Wednesday 14 May 2014

Deep-fried Spring Roll

Salut...

Deep fried Spring Roll or Popiah goreng in Malay are so good and delicious. They are so crunchy and one or two spring roll is definitely not enough. Since I introduced these spring roll to mon mari, he loved them very much. Before, he only knows non fried spring roll and they are typically bigger and more savory.

Home made spring roll are always better than frozen one from supermarket. Even though it takes a little time to roll them, I still prefer making it myself. I've made a simple spring roll recipe and everyone loved it. Here is my style spring roll recipe.



SPRING ROLL (POPIAH GORENG)

Ingredients:-

1 packet spring roll skins (I used small size spring roll)
1 onion, sliced
2 carrot, grated
1 small bowl beansprouts
2 tablespoon light soya sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD:-

- Heat a little oil in pan and sautee onion till fragrant.
- Add in carrot and mix well.
- Put in the beansprouts.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Toss it around and turn off the flame.
- Put a piece of spring roll skin on a chopping board.
- Place a teaspoon of filling closed to the edge of the skin.
- Roll the skin inwards with the filling intact.
- Halfway through, flap both left and right side inwards and complete rolling the spring roll.
- Seal with flour + water mix, as a glue.
- Deep fry in hot oil on low fire till golden brown.
- Enjoy the spring roll, and dipped on chilli sauce.

Voila, bon appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.