Thursday 16 November 2017

Pain Perdu

Bonjour,

It's been quite long time since I made French toast or pain perdu and I've made it for our breakfast this morning. Every time I watch a French cooking shows, it just make me want to cook right away and sometimes French cooking are simple and all the ingredients are cheap. Just like these pain perdu, it was so easy to make, the French desserts are always tempting, so good and it's always hard to resist.




PAIN PERDU

Ingredients;

4 sliced bread or brioche
1 egg
100ml milk
100ml heavy cream/ cream liquid
1 tablespoon sugar
1 vanilla pod/ vanilla sugar or vanilla essence
Butter for greasing

METHOD;

- Beat egg, sugar and vanilla in shallow dish and stir in milk and cream.
- Deep bread in the egg mixture for a few second and turning to coat both sides.
- Heat the nonstick pan and lightly greased with butter.
- Cook bread sliced until browned on both sides.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with butter.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.