Wednesday 8 November 2017

Lao-Style Spicy Cucumber Salad

Sabaidee,

I remember eating salads quite often when I was in Laos few years ago. Papaya and cucumber salad are my favourite among other wonderful Laotion salad. Lao-style cucumber salad or called as tum mark dang is delicious and it's perfect to eat with sticky rice. Steamed sticky rice is a staple dish for Laotion and these dish available almost everywhere in Laos.

I've made Lao-style cucumber salad and steamed sticky rice this afternoon just because I craved for these dish since last month. It feels so good to get the tastes of Lao dish once in a while.




LAO-STYLE SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD

Ingredient;

1 cucumber
1 tomato or cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 clove garlic
1-2 Thai chillies
1 tablespoon palm sugar/ brown sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon shrimp paste
Fish sauce to taste

METHOD;

- Peel the cucumber and shredded, set aside.
- Place the garlic, chillies, sugar, lime juice and shrimp paste in the mortar and pound roughly.
- Add the shredded cucumber and tomatoes and gently pound and stir through with the pestle and spoon. I pound little by little because I had a small mortar.
- Season with fish sauce and add more lime juice if needed and gently mix everything.
- Serve with sticky rice and green salad.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.