Monday 6 November 2017

Seafood Gratin

Coucou,

When we were in Asia few months back, mon mari has made a seafood gratin for my birthday dinner with all the family member. What can I say, everyone in the family gives him thumps up because the food was really delicious. I recently asked him to make seafood gratin again and again because sometime I craving for food with specific texture like crunchy, soft and creamy, and this seafood gratin now is one of my favourite dish.




SEAFOOD GRATIN

Ingredients:

400g fresh seafood (prawns, mussels, scallops, squid and fish)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1cm ginger, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
1 carrot, julienne
2 cup button mushroom, sliced
1 leek, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1- 1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD:

- Preheat oven 180°.
- In a large saucepan, heat up some olive oil and fry garlic, shallot, ginger and chilli until fragrant.
- Add in carrot, mushroom and leeks, and cook until the vegetables are softened but not completely cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetables in a baking dish, set aside.
- Use the same saucepan, heat some oil and cook all the seafood for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the seafood and mix well with the vegetables in the baking dish. Set aside.

To prepare the sauce;
- Melted butter in a saucepan and add flour, continue stirring and pouring the milk little by little.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep stirring for a couple of minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pour the sauce on the vegetables seafood mixture and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs on top and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the bread crumbs turned golden brown.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.