Friday 9 December 2016

Squid in Spicy Dark Soy Sauce

Bonjour,

I've not cooked squid as often as I've cooked prawn or fish. Squid that I found here not as same as squids in Asia. Some of them are quite big in size and the taste and texture are different from what we had in my hometown sea. I know, there are so many different types of seafood and different sea and ocean has a different squids as well.

Just as easy as cooking fish and prawn, this squid in spicy dark soy sauce are so easy to make and they are tasty too.



SQUID IN SPICY DARK SOY SAUCE

Ingredients;

200g sliced squids
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1cm fresh ginger, chopped
1 green chilli, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce or ketchup
2-3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Heat up little oil in saucepan and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in green chilli, onion and squids, fry for a few minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, chilli sauce or ketchup and dark soy sauce and cook over low heat for a another few minutes.
- Season with salt pepper and cook until the squid are cooked through. Do not overcook the squid.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.