Sunday 4 December 2016

Japenese Style Cucumber and Cabbage Salad

Konnichiwa,

Few years back, I've learned a little bit of Japanese language and during the time I could speak a little Japanese but now I just remember a few basic words. It was a long time ago and without speaking and hearing the language, it can dissappear and forgotten as quickly as it came.

I like Japanese language even though I'm not a fan of Japanese food but in some dishes, Japanese food was really good. The reason I don't eat much of Japanese food because I don't like raw food like seafood and meat. I don't mind fish as long as the meat is well cooked or fried. Simple Japanese style salad can be good and perfect for appetizer or as a side dish. These cucumber and cabbage salad was so easy to prepare and the most important thing, they are fresh and healthy.


JAPANESE CUCUMBER SALAD

Ingredients;

1 cucumber
Salt
Sugar
Rice vinegar
A few drop of soy sauce, optional
Sesame seeds

METHOD;

- Thinly slice the cucumber and sprinkle with salt.
- Add other ingredient and season to suit taste. Mix well.
- Let the cucumber salad set in the fridge for a while and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serve.



JAPANESE CABBAGE SALAD

Ingredients;

1/4 medium white cabbage, shredded
1/2 carrot, shredded
4-5 tablespoon rice vinegar
1-2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon mayonaise
Salt
Sesame seeds
Sesame oil

METHOD;

- Marinate shredded cabbage with salt for at lesast 1 hour. Rinse with water and drain.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the vinegar, sugar, mayonaise and a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into shredded cabbage and shredded carrot, add more salt or sugar if needed to suit the taste.
- Add a few drop of sesame oil and mix well.
- Let the cabbage salad set in the fridge for a few hours and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serve.

Itadakimasu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.