Thursday 27 September 2018

Semolina And Cereal Cake

Salut tout le monde,

It's officially Autumn season and of course winter is coming. The weather slightly change and getting cold, the colour leaves changing slowly and soon it starting to fall. No surprise actually as we lived in Brittany, it's always rains here, constantly sunny but it's cold. As everyone wish and hoping this time around the winter won't be too long like last year.


Okay back to the baking story, since I start making a Sarawak steamed cake for several times now, last week I've made semolina and cereal cake inspired by those Sarawak steamed cake. The ingredients for this cake based on the kek lumut that I made a year ago. Nothing much different, I just add some other ingredients and I adding more semolina flour by reducing the cereal Nestum.



SEMOLINA AND CEREAL CAKE

Ingredients;

5 eggs
1 cup sugar
220g butter
1 cup semolina flour
1/2 cup cereal nestum, blend into powder
1/4 cup almond powder
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup tea
Green food coloring

METHOD;

- Preheat oven, place a large pan with hot water for steam bath and prepare the baking pan.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the egg and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat butter until light and add in to the egg mixture.
- Slowly add semolina, cereal and almond powder. Mix well.
- Add the evaporated milk, tea  and green food colouring. Whisk until everything well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan, cover with aluminium foil and steam bath for 1 1/2 hours-2 hours.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.