Wednesday 5 September 2018

Le Pudding

Bonjour,

There are bunch of French TV shows about cooking or baking competition that became a favourite of mine. The TV show like "le grand patissier" and "la meilleure boulangerie de France" always makes me want to bake the dessert right away. One of the dessert that I made today and it's came from this show, called 'le pudding'. It was similar to bread butter pudding but I have more interested by the way they make them, present them and sell them in their shops.


Le pudding, one simple dessert that everyone can do it. I found the similar recipe from cuisineduplacard.canalblog.com. The pudding it's even better if it serve with caramel sauce or vanilla sauce.



LE PUDDING

Ingredients;

400g brioche/sweet bread, cut into small pieces
3/4 liter milk
75g salted butter
3 eggs
150g sugar
1 lemon zest
150g dried fruits, I used raisins and figs

METHOD;

- Prepare 2 loaf pan or large pan and grease with butter, set aside. Preheat oven 180°.
- Heat up milk and butter just until butter melted.
- Whisk the eggs just until the yolks and whites are blended, set aside.
- Place the brioche in the large mixing bowl. Pour in the milk and add sugar and lemon zest, mix well with wooden spoon.
- Add in egg, mix well and lastly add the dried fruits and mix just until everything combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Serve with salted caramel or vanilla sauce.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.