Thursday 13 September 2018

Madeleines

Bonjour,

Every Saturday and Sunday normally we go to visit a brocante nearby our place around this region. Most of the brocante are organized by the maire of the city or association all over France. Hunting and finding a little treasures is one of the thing that I love to do and it was a great pleasure indeed. I found a lots of cooking stuff just like this madeleines pan which I brought in brocante for 1 Euro few weeks ago.


I made madeleines recently after watching a TV program showing about these little cake, and at the same time I excited to use my new toys. It was my first attempt, though, these madeleines turns out really good.




MADELEINES

Ingredients;

100g flour
100g butter, melted
100g sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons fresh milk
1 lemon zest
1 teaspoon baking powder

METHOD;

- Whisk the eggs, sugar until lightens in colour.
- Sift half of the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture and gently fold in using a spatula, and continue to folding in with the rest of the flour.
- Pour the melted butter and oil, mix well until it fully incorporated.
- Add in milk, mix well and lastly add lemon zest.
- Cover the batter and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Before baking, prepare the madeleine pan by brushing with melted butter and flour, preheat oven to 200°.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.