Monday 10 September 2018

Cereal Almond Cookies

Hey there,

Few days ago, we went to visit my mother in law and a good friends of mon mari in Brest. Every time we going back there, I always brought a cookies for my mother in law. She can keep those cookies for more than a week or sometime less because she used to have a friends who came and visit her every week for a coffee and chit chat just like other retired people.


The cookies that I made recently are cereal almond cookies. The ingredients were made with cereal Nestum, the one I brought from Asia and make a steamed cake with it. Recipe source from azlitamasammanis.blogspot.




CEREAL ALMOND COOKIES

Ingredients;

250g butter
120g sugar
200g flour
130g cornflour
60g almond powder
40g cereal Nestum, blend to make a powder
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

METHOD;

- In a mixing bowl, whisk butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla just until blended. I used wooden spoon.
- Add in flour, cornflour, almond powder and cereal powder and mix until everything well combined and become a soft dough.
- Cut the dough with cookie cutter or just make a ball and flatten with hand and place in a baking pan, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with cereal or almond.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.