Saturday 22 September 2018

Roti Canai

Hello,

It's been quite some time since I made roti canai or paratha, I'm kinda miss having these flatbread Malaysian style dish after a while. Making roti canai may takes a little time but believe me, it's worth it as we can't get enough with only one piece, it was so delicious to eat with any kind of gravy like curry prawn, chicken or beef and a sliced of onion rings.


We enjoyed our lunch and dinner because I can say that today is our roti canai day. I can make 12 roti canai with this recipe and with the prawn curry on the side, the food was exceptionally delicious.





ROTI CANAI/ PARATHA

Ingredients;

3 cups flour
1 cup water, more or less
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon condensed milk
A pinch of salt

METHOD;

- Combine flour, butter, oil, condensed milk and salt in a large bowl or bread machine or stand mixer.
- Add water little by little and let the machine work for a few minutes or until the dough smooth and no longer sticks in hands.
- Divide dough into 10-12 small balls and coat each dough with oil and place them in a large plate or baking pan. Pour some oil over dough.
- Cover and let the dough rest for several hour or overnight.
- Flatten and roll the dough as thin as possible and start pleating the dough, carefully stretching between hand and slowly circle the dough.
- Heat up pan with some oil and roll the prepared dough as desirable thickness. Cook the flatten dough for 1-2 minute on both side.
- Slap the bread together to fluff it up.
- For the egg roti canai, pour the beaten egg in the middle of flatten dough and fold into square, cook then flip until golden brown on both side.
- Serve roti canai with prawn curry or any other preferable gravy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.