Monday 12 September 2016

Asam Pedas Ikan

Hello,

Ikan asam pedas or sour spicy fish most well known in west Malaysia and I'm pretty sure every housewife in Malaysia know how to cook this dish. We can find asam pedas dish almost at any food stall or restaurant in most of the state in Peninsula Malaysia.

I cooked asam pedas mackerel for dinner last weekend, mon mari really enjoyed the dish. The next day for lunch, I reheated the asam pedas gravy with little bit more of tamarind juice and pour the gravy over rice noodles with some condiments of it. According to mon mari, the noodles with asam pedas gravy was exceptional with lots of cucumer and extra lime juice and the most important thing is, the gravy was just nice and not too much spicy.




ASAM PEDAS MACKEREL

Ingredients;

2 mackerel or any kind of fish
6-8 ladies finger (okra)
1 tomato, wedges (I used cherry tomatoes)
2 spring daun kesum (laksa leaf/Vietnamese mint/praew leaf)
1 tablespoon tamarind paste (mix with 1 cup of water)
Oil
Salt and sugar to taste

Spice paste:

4 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
5-10 dry chillies, soak in hot water
1 lemongrass, use white part only, sliced
1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder

METHOD;

- Blend all spice paste ingredient and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and fry spice paste until fragrant.
- Add the tamarind juice, ladies finger and daun kesum. Bring to a boil for a few minutes.
- Add the fish and tonatoes. Season with salt and sugar. Simmer on a medium heat until fish is cooked.
- Serve with rice or pour the gravy over noodles.

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.