Thursday 29 September 2016

Plain Doughnut

Bonsoir,

I'm not a fan of doughnut but sometimes it's okay to have it and doughnut isn't harmful. My niece is so good at making doughnut and her doughnut are so spongy and soft. To make a good doughnut it takes a little more time and require a few steps, but the results are so worth it. I knew I'm not as good as my niece to make doughnut and sometimes the simple thing is best for me.

My first attempt making doughnut was not too bad and I'm happy with the result. We even brought some to work and give to our friends and they like it. As of the results, now I'm already planing to do a different type of doughnut in the near future.



PLAIN DOUGHNUT

Ingredients;

250g flour
50g sugar
6g dry yeast
100ml warm water
1 egg
50g butter
25g milk powder

METHOD;

- Dissolve dry teast into the warm water and add sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, egg, butter and milk powder in a big bow and slowly add yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes and add more flour if necessary.
- Cover the dough with kitchen towel and let the dough rise double, around 1-2 hours.
- Turn the dough out onto floured surface, roll it to 2cm thickness and cut the dough with a doughnut cutter.
- Cover and let the cutting doughnut rest for another 10-20 minutes before fry them.
- Heat up plenty of oil over low heat and fry doughnut until golden brown.
- Let doughnut dry in kitchen towel before dusting with powder sugar.

Let's have doughnut for breakfast or tea time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.