Wednesday 1 April 2020

Sweet Corn And Sweet Potato Porridge

Hello,

Sweet porridge or what we called in Malaysia 'pengat' or 'bubur' is a sweet dessert like sweet corn, sweet potato, sweet green bean porridge and so on. Asian people like to have an afternoon snack and some of the menu for the snack were sweet porridge, like 'pengat ubi manis and bubur jagung'.


I've made my sweet corn porridge last week and this week I made sweet potato porridge. This kind of dessert will satisfy any sweet tooth out there. Its not so healthy dessert though but once in a while, why not!



SWEET POTATO PORRIDGE (PENGAT UBI MANIS)

Ingredients;

1-2 sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
100ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon sago pearls, washed and drained
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups water

METHOD;

- Combine sweet potatoes and water, bring to boil over medium heat. Stirring occasionally.
- Add sago pearls and sugar, continue to cook for another couple of minute.
- Once the sago a bit soft and translucent, add in coconut milk and continue to simmer for a few minutes.



SWEET CORN PORRIDGE (BUBUR JAGUNG)

Ingredients;

1 small can sweet corn or fresh corn
100ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon sago pearls, washed and drained
1 tablespoon sugar
I cup water

METHOD;

- Combine sago and water and bring to boil over medium heat. Stirring occasionally to avoid sago from sticking.
- Add sweet corn, sugar and coconut milk. Simmer and stir for a couple of minutes more or until the porridge begins to thicken slightly.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.