Monday 20 April 2020

Pineapple Roll Cookies

Hello,

Last week when I was went for grocery shopping, I saw pineapple price at 50 cent euro, it seems crazy for me because for the first time the price so damn cheap, never saw before or imagined that one pineapple can be as cheap as 50 cent euro here. Since they are so cheap, I bought 6 pineapples and in my mind I would make pineapple tarts so soon.


I made pineapple jam few days earlier and managed to make a very good pineapple roll cookies today. I love pineapple tarts or rolls, it's my all time favourite, I suppose everyone does!



pineapple jam

PINEAPPLE ROLL COOKIES

Ingredients;

125g butter, soften
30g sugar
150g flour
20g cornflour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Pineapple jam;
2 pineapples, grated or blend until it become puree
300g sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon butter, optional

METHOD;

- Combine pineapple puree, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent burning and cook until the jam is thick and sticky. I cooked around 1 hour. I add 1 teaspoon butter once the jam almost cook and dry.
- Shape the cooled jam into balls and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- For the dough, combine butter, sugar, flour, cornflour and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Knead the dough until soft and it comes together.
- When the dough is ready, shape it into a roll, ball, open face or any desired shape, because pineapple tarts in Asia comes in many shaped.
- I made the pineapple rolls since I don't have any pineapple tart mould.
- Arrange the pineapple rolls in a pan and brush with egg wash and bake in preheated oven 180° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy pineapple roll cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.