Monday 6 April 2020

Pain Perdu A La Banane

Bonjour,

Another day, another dessert. And this afternoon our teatime snack was pain perdu or French toast. Simple dessert but the result was wonderful, just like the way I wanted it, less sweet but still very tasty! I don't add any sugar in the egg milk mixture because the brioche itself already quite sweet. When I place the toast on the hot pan, I just sprinkle some sugar to caramelize a little bit and also to give a little extra crunch.


This pain perdu can be served with all sort of fruits and nuts, so just use up with what we have in the pantry.




PAIN PERDU A LA BANANE

Ingredients;

4 sliced thick brioche or stale bread
1 egg
250ml milk
1 banana
1 tablespoon honey
Butter for greasing

METHOD;

- Beat egg and milk, add sugar if desire.
- Heat the pan and lightly greased with butter. Dip brioche in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Place in hot pan, sprinkle some sugar on top and cook on both sides until golden browned.
- For the banana, heat some butter in a pan, add banana and honey, cook until lightly browned, just for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the french toast with caramelized banana on top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.