Sunday 15 October 2017

Vegetable Pakora

Hello,

Our kitchen smells so much Indian cuisine lately and it will smells more when we are having dinner with friends next saturday because we would cook Indian food that night. I've made vegetable pakora recently for our tea time and it was so good to eat this kind of snack once in a while. Vegetable pakora made with variety of vegetables and the original recipe ask for gram or besan flour but since I don't have gram flour at home, I used normal flour instead.

Most of the Indian food recipe is all over pinterest and I get all of them from there. I just substitude some ingredients with what I had at home. Some recipe are so simple and easy to follow.




VEGETABLE PAKORA

Ingredients;

1 cup shredded cabbage
1 onion, shredded
1 carrot, grated
1 potato, grated
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 cup water (more or less)
Salt to taste

METHOD;

- Combine all vegetables in a mixing bowl together with all the powder spices and salt.
- Add in flour, rice flour and add water little by little, mix well until it reached the desired consistency.
- Heat oil for deep frying and drop a spoonful of the batter into the hot oil.
- Fry the pakoras on a medium heat until pakoras are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with any sauce of your choice!

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.