Monday 30 October 2017

Chilli Crab

Bonjour,

One of the thing that I remember cooking by myself as a child are chilli crab. I made chilli crab or chilli prawns many times since then. In fact, I love the thick savoury sauce and it was so tasty and so good to eat with rice or bread. Since the crab season has just begun, this is the time to cook chilli crab rather than just boiled it.

We had a big crab here in Brittany, so most of the crabs needs to be boiled first but if using a normal small blue crabs, just cook it directly with the sauce until they are cooked, as simple as that.




CHILLI CRAB

Ingredients;

1-2 crabs, depends on the size
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 red chilli
2 shallot
2 cloves garlic
1cm ginger
2 tablespoon ketchup
2 tablespoon chilli sauce
Salt, pepper and sugar to taste

METHOD;

- Clean and boil the crab until it cooked through. Set aside.
- Blend the chilli, shallot, garlic, and ginger into a fine paste.
- Heat up some oil in a wok or large saucepan and fry chilli garlic paste until fragrant.
- Add in a cup of water and allow it to boil.
- Add ketchup, chilli sauce and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Once the sauce are slightly thickens, add in beaten egg, stirring and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Throw in the crabs and stir until all crabs are well coated.
- Dish out and serve with hot rice or bread.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.