Saturday 7 October 2017

Cantonese Style Stir-Fried Prawn

Ni hao,

Prawn has always been a favourite of mine. Har lok in Chinese or Cantonese style stir-fried prawn is one of the fantastic Chinese dish that I've made many times because we just love eating them and they are exceptional dish. Unlike in Asia, most of the prawns sold in France are already pre-cooked and easy to prepare. Most of the people here eat them directly, make a salad or cocktail with it, but it was a different situation with me because I often cooked them again with the sauce.

For this har lok recipe, as the prawns are already pre-cooked, I skip to fry them and just add in directly after the sauce thicken and give it a quick stir until the prawns are evenly coated.




CANTONESE STYLE STIR-FRIED PRAWN

Ingredients;

300g prawns
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallot, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
2cm ginger, chopped
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
2 tablespoon water
Sugar, salt and pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Wash prawns and rinse, season the prawns with salt.
- Heat up some oil in a wok or saucepan and fry the prawns for a couple of minute. Set aside.
- Use the same oil from the fried prawn and fry chopped garlic, shallot, chilli and ginger until fragrant and lightly brown.
- Add ketchup, oyster sauce, rice wine, and water and let the sauce thicken slightly.
- Add in the prawns and seasoning, quickly toss and mix well until the prawns are coated with the sauce.
- Et voila, it's done and the prawns are ready to be serve with rice.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.