Friday 4 November 2016

Prawn Madras

Namaste,

We had tried several Indian restaurant since the past few years and some Indian food that I have tried just encourage me to try making it at home. One of the Indian dish that I made recently was prawn Madras. I don't expect the taste would be exactly the same as the food in Indian restaurant but these prawn Madras recipe were close in taste.

Some prawn Madras recipe content coconut milk but this recipe that I found somewhere in the internet without coconut milk and the prawn Madras that we had tried before doesn't seems cooked with coconut milk. Next time I should buy and use Madras curry powder that sells in Asian grocery store and may be the taste would be more authentic Indian and far more tasty. Who knows right?

Let's cook this prawn Madras and serve with rice or some Indian naan or prata bread, it taste really yummy.



PRAWN MADRAS

Ingredients;

300g prawns,
1 onion, sliced
2 clove garlic,
2cm fresh ginger
3 tomaotes
1 bell pepper, sliced
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teasspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon chhilli powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt and sugar to taste

METHOD;

- Blend onion, garlic and ginger into a coarse paste. Set aside.
- Blend tomatoes into a coarse paste or can use a canned tomato paste. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and fry onion garlic paste until aromatic.
- Add all spices powder and continue to fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the bell pepper and gently fry for another minutes.
- Add prawns and tomato paste and bring to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the gravy are slightly thickens.
- Season with salt and sugar if necessary.

Enjoy the Indian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.