Saturday 19 November 2016

Cucur Udang

Hello,

I've made cucur udang or prawn fritters many time before but never try to put yeast in the batter. I want my fritters to be crispy and the vegetables not too soft so this time I tried the recipe from one of Malaysian food blogger which is adding yeast to make the fritters crispy.

Cucur udang is one of my favourite snacks and for sure one fritters is not enough for me. For those who want something different for afternoon tea, why not make these prawn fritter as a tea time snacks today!



CUCUR UDANG (PRAWN FRITTERS)

Ingredients;

200g flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
200ml water, more or less
A handful bean sprouts
A handful spring onion
1 small onion, sliced
100g prawn, 1/2 chopped and another 1/2 let it whole with shell
Oil for deep frying

METHOD;

- Mix dry yeast, warm water and a pinch of sugar and let it set for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the yeast water little by little and mix until it become a smooth batter. Add more water if its too dry and vice versa.
- Add bean sprout, spring onion, onion and chopped prawns.
- Let the batter sit for 30 minutes-1 hour. Mix well before frying.
- Heat 1-2 cup oil in a wok or saucepan and place a metal soup ladle to heat up before using.
- Once the oil really hot, turn to low medium heat, place a spoonful prawns batter into the ladle and top it with a shelled prawn and lower into the hot oil for deep frying.
- Deep fried the prawn fritters till golden brown on both side. If the batter continue to stick with the ladle, use fork or spoon to separate it.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce, or ketchup.

Enjoy the aftenoon tea and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.