Tuesday 15 November 2016

Raisin Scones

Hey,

Scones will always be a favourite tea time snacks for English people and scones also will always have a place in my heart. I made raisin scone one afternoon and believe it or not, mon mari and I ate many scones that we have ever eaten that day. I think we haven't had any scones for a long time and these scones was really good when you eat with jam and butter.

I am planning on making scones again for brunch with our friends next month because these scones are so delicious. I'm pretty sure they would like it as we do. "People who love to eat are always the best people".



RAISIN SCONES

Ingredients;

225g self raising flour
60g cold salted butter
30g sugar
50g raisin or other dried fruits
150ml milk
1 egg, for brushing and add a little milk

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 220° and prepare baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Distribute the raisin and then add the milk.
- Mix everything just until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto the floured surface and knead lightly just one or two times.
- Pat out to a round 2cm thick. Use a cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with egg and bake for 12-15 minutes until it well risen and golden.
- Serve with butter, jam or clotted cream.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.