Sunday 2 November 2014

Oriental Squid

Salut,

Oriental squid is the first squid recipe I've posted on this blog. For the ingredients, it's actually easy to find and should be available from normal supermarkets or Asian grocery store. Home cooking is easy for me becauce I can use any ingredients at home and experiment with it. There is no rules, just be creative to the flavors and it will come up with the great taste. 

This squid recipe is quite simple to prepare, stir fry together with the sauce and voila, enjoy the unique and fragrant taste of oriental dish.



ORIENTAL SQUID

Ingredients:

300g cleaned squid
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 shallot, sliced
1 green pepper, diced
2 carrot, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

For the sauce:
1 tablespoon tom yam paste
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3 tablespoon water

METHOD:

- Combine all the sauce and set aside.
- In a wok or saucepan, heat little oil and saute garlic and shallot until fragrant.
- Add the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes. Adding a little water if necessary.
- Add squid, green pepper and carrot and stir-fry until squid is tender about 2-3 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.