Tuesday 4 November 2014

Noodles Soup / Mee Soto

Salut a tous,

Mee soto or spicy noodles soup is one of the most popular dish in Indonesia or Malaysia. The soup usually made from beef or chicken broth and served with rice noodles or yellow noodles. It comes with some garnishing like hard boiled egg, fried onion and bean sprouts. Since I live so far away from my hometown, soto is the things I miss the most.

Last months, I've made my own version of soto recipe but without meat. It was so great that we ate this soto two days in a row. I'm just thinking of making it again in the next few days. What I liked the most when eating soto is to mix them with hot chilli and soy sauce.

Here is my vegetarian version of mee soto recipe and the picture shown below taken in two days with different garnishing in it. I'm so happy that I managed to cooked soto at home.




NOODLES SOUP / MEE SOTO

Ingredients:

1/2 packet rice vermicelli
2 potato, cut cubed
2 carrot, cut cubed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
2 inch ginger, chopped
1 liter water or more as desired

All spices:
2 pcs star anise
2 pcs cardamom
1 small stick cinnamon
2 pcs cloves
1 teaspoon coriander seed
1 teaspoon fennel
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

METHOD:

- Soak the rice noodles a warm water until soft about 20-30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up some oil and fry garlic, shallot and ginger until fragrant.
- Add all spices and fry for a few second and add in potato and carrot.
- Add in water, bring to boiled and cook until potato and carrot soft for about 30-40 minutes
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the noodles in a serving bowl and pour the hot soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with some hard boiled egg, fried onion, spring onion, cucumber or bean sprouts.
- For additional, optional and better taste, add some lemon juice, soy sauce and chopped chilli and mix together with the noodles soup.

Voila, j'ai faim maintenant :P... Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.