Monday 16 June 2014

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Bonjour a tous,

This couple of weeks is our busiest time of the month. Despite my busy weekdays, I didn't think I'd managed to make in a time, but luckily for me I did. I managed to find the time to make these Red Velvet cupcakes. I've been working on this recipe for a while now. I was hoping to post this recipe few months ago and now it's finally here.

Last weekend we had a special guest, Philippe and Paul from Pendle England come in and stayed in our small apartment for twinning celebration and Creil Festival. Wanted to say we had an absolutely fantastic time over the weekend. Busy day but we had fun and got things done too. We are looking forward to meeting you all again in September.

Alors, now I'm so excited to share this recipe with you all. The wait is over! Please ignore the decorations on the cupcake because I did not have enough time to decorate them.



RED VELVET CUPCAKES

Ingredients:-

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanila extract
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon red food coloring

METHOD:-

- Preheat oven to 180°. Prepare muffin pans with bakings cups.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, vinegar and red food coloring for about 10 minutes and then add sugar, oil and vanila extract.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minute or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

200gm cream cheese
50gm butter, softened
1 cups powdered sugar

- Beat cream cheese and butter until blended.
- Add the powdered sugar beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.