Tuesday 17 June 2014

Curry Puff

Bonsoir a tous,

I made this Curry Puff a few weeks ago but I make a different version from my previous version of curry puff. I love curry puff ever since I was a kid and mon mari loves curry puff too. I started making my own curry puff since I moved here.

I always make curry puff in bulk and then I can keep in the freezer. I can fry them and they are ready to be served in no time. Sometimes, these curry puff are deliciously addictive and I readily make them for our friends to enjoy and they like this curry puff and praise the pastry was very good. I'm glad they enjoyed it.

So, here's a recipe for curry puff...

.


CURRY PUFF

Ingredients:-

Pastry;
400gm all purpose flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup cold water + pinch of salt

Filling:
4 potato, peeled and diced
2 tablespoon curry powder, make a paste
2 tablespoon dry shrimp, pound finely
2 clove garlic, minced
1 cup water
Salt and sugar to taste

METHOD:-

Pastry:
- Melt and heat butter with oil.
- Pour hot oil over flour in the mixing bowl, then mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add in water little by little and knead to form soft dough.
- Cover dough with plastic and rest in for at least 20 minute.

Filling:
- Heat a little oil in work and stir fry garlic and dry shrimp until fragrant.
- Add in curry powder and cook for a minute.
- Add in potato and water. Bring to boil for about 5 minute.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. Turn the heat down and cook with lid on until potato is soften and the liquid is reduced. Cool completely.

Assemble:
- Divide dough into small balls then roll out into an oval shape.
- Place about spoon full potato filling onto the oval shape flat pastry and fold it into half and pinch the edges to seal the pastry.
- Heat sufficient oil in wok/pan for deep frying and fry curry puff until golden brown.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.