Monday 30 June 2014

Fried Noodles Mamak Style

Salut a tous,

In my previous blog post, I have written about 'Mamak', and today I would post another recipe called Mee Mamak which means Fried Noodles Mamak Style. This dish commanly found in hawkers centre and almost everywhere in Singapore and Malaysia.

When I was with my family, this dish rotates almost every week at our home because mee mamak is one of my brother favorite noodles. Nothing beats the taste of noodles cooked with a sweet and spicy, salty and sourish too. Here, except that yellow noodles is a little hard to find although not impossible. I used spaghetti noodles as a substitute for the yellow noodles. This mee mamak usually comes with meat or seafood but I made this noodles vegetarian for these time.

So, here is the recipe for Mee Mamak.


FRIED NOODLES MAMAK STYLE

Ingredients:-

Half packed spaghetti
2 potatoes, peeled and cut cubes
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, cut cubes
5-6 green spring onions
1 egg
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 small chilli, chopped
3 tablespoon ketchup
3 tablespoon chilli sauce
2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying

METHOD:-

- Cooked the spaghetti noodless follow the package instruction. Drained and keep aside.
- Fry the potatoes until tender but not to over cook. Keep aside.
- Heat the little oil in a wok and saute garlic and chilli until fragrant.
- Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Crack the egg and scramble them up a little than add spaghetti and potatoes.
- Add the ketchup, chilli sauce, dark soy sauce and taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato and spring onion and cook for another minute.
- Served with lime or lemon wedges.

Voila, bon appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.