Thursday 6 October 2016

Orange Glazed Cake

Salut,

Orange glazed cake, this is the last miniute cake that I made before we going back to the city last Sunday afternoon. I still had some orange left over in the fridge and I think orange cake would be a great way to make them and at the same time I could bring these cake to work.

I have made orange cake with another recipe before but the basic recipe is the same. The only different I didn't put the orange sugar glaze on. By adding glaze on top would make this cake more tender and moist.



ORANGE GLAZED CAKE

Ingredients;

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 3 orange)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanila extract or orange extract
2 tablespoon orange zest

For the glaze;
1/2 cup sugar
3-4 tablespoon fresh orange juice

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 175° and prapared a small medium cake pan. set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together egg, milk, orange juice, melted butter, vanila and orange zest.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient and whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter in cake pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the skewer test comes out clean.
- While the cake is still hot, prapare the glaze by mix sugar and orange juice and bring to boil for a minute or two.
- Once the cake are still warm, use a skewer to gently prick the top.
- Drizzly the orange syrup all over the cake and let the cake to cool completely before serving.

Enjoy the orange cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.