Friday 14 October 2016

Moist Chocolate Cake

Hello,

I love chocolate but I don't really into chocolate cake very much. I like to baked and make chocolate cake, chocolate brownies or any recipe with chocolate. Even sometimes I don't eat much a cake that I've made as long as people around me happy with the tastes, then I'm happy too.

I got this moist chocolate cake recipe from one of Malaysian food blogger, Azlita masam manis. This cake comes out beautifully moist and soft. These cake was great and tasty even without the ganache, but I prefer to put the chocolate ganache on it. All the recipes I have tried from her blog so far turned out great and there are still many recipes that I wanna try in the future.



MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ingredients;

300g flour
100g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
# Mix and sift all dry ingredients
3 eggs
400g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250ml evaporated milk
250ml vegetable oil
250ml hot water

Chocolate ganache;
100g dark cooking chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 170° and prepare baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, hand or stand mixer, beat egg, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and oil and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and use a spatula to gently push the dry ingredients against the wet ingredients.
- Lastly add hot water and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepare baking pan and bake for 1-1 1/2 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely and garnish with chocolate ganache or cream if desire.

For the chocolate ganache;
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Place cream in a small saucepan and bring to boil for a few second.
- Pour over chocolate and stir until chocolate has softened.
- Pour over chocolate cake and let the ganache cool before slicing the cake.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.