Thursday 13 October 2016

Malay-Style Fried Spaghetti

Hello,

Finding fresh yellow or rice noodles here is a real challenge and almost impossible. Even if I found it in Asian grocery store, they are often sold frozen and of course its not the same texture and taste anymore. So, the only solution for me whenever I want to eat fried noodles is by using spaghetti. I don't expect they will be the same texture like Malaysian fried yellow noodles, but at least I can be satisfied and sure that it tastes good as well.



MALAY-STYLE FRIED SPAGHETTI

Ingredients;

1/2 packet spaghetti pasta
1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 tablespoon chilli paste, optional
1 egg
1 handful bean sprouts
1 tomato, cut into cube or wedges
Tomato ketchup
Light soy sauce
Dark soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD;

- Cook the spaghetti follow the package direction. Set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a work or pan and fry shallot and garlic until fragrant.
- Add chilli paste and fry for a few second.
- Crack the egg let it cook a while before scramble it.
- Add cooked spaghetti and bean sprouts.
- Season with ketchup, light and dark soy sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add in tomatoes, toss everything together for a couple of minutes before serving.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.