Wednesday 12 October 2016

Carrot Walnut Cake

Bonjour,

It's a walnut season and our neighbors's has a huge walnut tree in their garden and they give us way to many walnuts and it may takes a while for us to finish it. Thanks to Martine and Jean-Marc for being so kind and generous. Since walnut are in season here, and I'm thinking to make more cake with walnut in it.

This carrot walnut cake recipe I found on the internet is one of the cake that I baked recently. Mon mari loves carrot cake and this cake is certainly perfect for him. For some cakes just like this carrot walnut cake, I've just made a half quantity of the recipe because we are only two at home and these cake I can even give to our neighbour to taste it. I received a positive comments and everyone loved the cake.



CARROT WALNUT CAKE

Ingredients;

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
3 eggs
3/4 cups buttermilk
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanila extract
2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup walnuts
1 cup coconut flaked
1 cup crushed pineapple with little bit of juice

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 170° and prepare baking pan. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanila extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add in carrots, walnuts, coconut and pineapple. Mix until everything well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until skewer test comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely and spread or layer with cream cheese frosting and decorate with walnuts if desired.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.