Monday 24 October 2016

Hawflakes Layered Cake

Bonjour,

Layered cakes or kek lapis are traditionally served in Sarawak and this kek lapis Sarawak are so famous throughout Malaysia. When its comes to kek lapis, people knows that Sarawak layered cakes is a colourful cake that comes in different pattern, colour and taste. Sometime I was just wondering how patient the person make a cake that perfectly layered and looks so beautiful, amazing and the cakes looks too pretty to eat!

To be honest, to make Sarawak kek lapis or any layer cake need lots of patience and I am not patient enough to wait the cake done and I can't wait to try it. That's why my hawflakes layered cake was not as pretty as Sarawak layered cake but the taste was good just as what I expected. It seems I need to bake and practice more in the future to make a better layer cake. Recipe I got from Azlita masam manis blog and these cake suppose to be steamed but I baked it. I slightly overcooked the cake and it's a little bit dry.



HAWFLAKES LAYERED CAKE

Ingredients;

5 eggs
225 sugar
220g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
150ml milk/ evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100ml vegetable oil
1 packet hawflakes
Food colouring

METHOD;

- Preheat oven 170° and prepared baking pan, set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder and mix all ingredients in a mixer bowl except oil, hawflakes and food colouring.
- Beat the batter until light and fluffy.
- Add the oil and fold in with a spatula.
- Divided the batter into 3 or 4 portions. Put any colour of your choice.
- Pour a spoonful one of the batter into prepared baking pan and arrange hawflakes on top.
- Bake for 5-8 minute, take out the pan and pour another coloured batter for second layer and arrange the hawflakes on top.
- Bake for another 5-8 minute and repeat the layers until finish.
- After putting the final layer, bake for 15-20 minutes more or until the cake are fully cooked.
- Let the cake cool before slicing it.

Enjoy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.