Tuesday 7 April 2015

Mamak Style Fish Curry

Salut,

Fish curry can be prepared in many ways, with or without coconut milk, it still turned out good. Some people like to eat with bread, roti or on top of rice, but either way they are delish!

My previous post fish curry using coconut milk but for this recipe, I didn't use coconut milk but I used tamarind paste in the curry gravy.



MAMAK STYLE FISH CURRY

Ingredients:

300-500g fish fillet, any fish
3 tablespoon fish curry powder, add little water to form paste
1 teaspoon chilli paste or chilli powder
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 spring curry leaves
2 tablespoon tamarind pulp, add 2 cup of water
8-10 okras
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges

Blend ingredients,
1 onion
2 shallot
2 cloves garlic

METHOD:

- Heat little oil in pot and fry sliced onion, garlic, fennel, cumin and coriander until fragrant.
- Add in the blended ingredients and stir fry for a minute.
- Add curry paste, chilli and curry leaves, stir well and let curry cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tamarind juice and let it boil.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, add fish, okras and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil for a few minutes or until fish are cooked.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.