Wednesday 1 April 2015

Short Break Holiday

Bonjour,

I am home.. After a couple of weeks being in my hometown for a short break, now it felt good to be back home again. I haven't had a problem with long-haul flight because it saved at least and also I had a great flight. It just my feeling after few stories of airplane crashed few months back, I have been feeling a bit scared to fly but I always know that I'm in a good hands. Somehow I still love to travel and I enjoy it.

I felt refreshed after a short vacation. I'm just so happy I managed to get my stuff done like dentist, buy my food stuff that I need here and spending time with my family and relatives. Eventually things went pretty good for me.

" We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open".

"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things".

I had some food photography during my holidays to post here and most of them are traditional food specialities. Different place, different food and all with good home food.

I had nasi lemak or coconut rice with condiments at the airport before my flight to my hometown two weeks ago.

'Ambuyat' is a traditional dish of Borneo. Ambuyat made from sago flour and comes with a set of local vegatables and grilled or fried fish.

Another local vegetables dish of Borneo, 'umbut and papaya vegetable'.

Plenty of local dishes during our lunch in Brunei at my cousin house.

Brunei style assam pedas fish.

We had barbeque parties at home last weekend with family and friends.

Plenty of choices to please everyone and it's kind of normal for us every time we had a gathering. 

Local dish from my hometown, it's called marunggai or malunggay vegetable.

Bitter gourd salad.

'Tapai' is another tradional food popular in Borneo as a dessert.

Modern macaroni fruit salad for dessert.

Some local food above it seems new and sounds weird to Europeans but it's not weird at all. They are all good, fruits and vegetables, healthy foods and healthy eating.

Fun picture, my brother has pet baby monkey and kids like to play with him. This cute baby monkey named Bobo.

A plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.