Thursday 30 April 2015

Gateau Grand-Mere aux Pommes

Salut,

I learned to make this gateau grand-mere aux pommes or grandma's apple cake from my French boss when I was working in cinema catering a while ago. So I made this cake few days back for our afternoon tea break. Though, I'm not a big fan of apple cake but mon mari liked it. I knew that most French people loves apple cake or pie and they really know what to do with them.



GRANDMA'S APPLE CAKE

Ingredients:

3 eggs
150g flour
150g sugar
2 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoon milk
30g butter, melted
4-5 apples, peeled and cut diced

METHOD:

- Preheat oven 180° and prepare grease baking pan.
- Put the cut apples in the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, baking powder, vanilla and eggs.
- Add flour and milk, mix well.
- Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter over apples in pan, spread the batter so that it covers all apples.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cooled or with vanila sauce or ice cream, it's delicious.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.