Tuesday 16 December 2014

Fried Glass Noodles

Bonsoir,

I used to eat fried glass noodles when I was abroad quite often few years ago. These noodles can be stir fried, can be used in soup or can be used to make a salad as well. I liked stir fried noodles with lots of vegetables and spicy taste of cause. For me personally, it taste great when it's spicy.

This fried glass noodles is a simple dish that I prepare for lunch or for dinner sometimes. Usually I don't add crab sticks but since I have some left in the fridge, so I add crab sticks.



FRIED GLASS NOODLES

Ingredients:

1 small pack of glass noodles
1 red onion, sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
5 crab sticks, halved
1 egg
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 red chillies chopped, (optional)
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup or chilli sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying

METHOD:

- Soak the glass noodles in warm water for 20 minute or until soft.
- Heat little oil in frying pan and fry garlic and chilli until fragrants.
- Add in carrot and onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Crack in the egg and scramble the egg until half cook.
- Add in the glass noodles and the sauce, soy sauce and ketchup.
- Stir and mix well on a low heat for a few minutes.
- Add in crab sticks and season with salt and pepper.
- Dish out and serve with squeez of lemon.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.