Tuesday 2 December 2014

Indian Style Fish Curry

Bonsoir,

We always love eating at home and cooking our own meal. It just happen that this past few weeks I've cooked curry dish quite often and in fact, we really like the taste of curry or at least for this moment. I still miss my mom and sister cook homemade food in my hometown, their curry fish was the best ever.

Indians typically eat their curry with a type of breads but of cause its good to eat with rice as well. Even mon mari eat curry with French baguettes and he likes it! This time our fish curry serve with rice, pickles on top and Indian crackers, and voila they came out delish!



INDIAN STYLE FISH CURRY

Ingredients:

300g fish fillets
1 tomato, cut into 6
1 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2cm ginger, chopped
2 tablespoon curry powder, add little water to make paste
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 stick cinnamon
1 cup coconut milk
Salt to taste

METHOD:

- In a medium saucepan, heat a little oil and fry shallot, garlic and ginger until aromatic.
- Add curry powder, cumin and cinnamon. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to boil. Add more water if desired.
- Add in fish fillets, tomatoes and season with salt.
- Cook the fish for at least 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.