Monday 8 December 2014

Scones

Bonjour,

How's everyone's weekend going? I suppose many people out there has been busy getting ready for Christmas and find a good present for their family and friends. After our Aidilfitri festival last August in my hometown, now we are preparing for Christmas, is just around the corner.

Long time ago, I used to eat scone with cream, butter and jam for breakfast. These scone are pretty easy to make. I made these last week into mini scone for a opening exhibition at mon mari office. Scones are the easiest English teatime treat. People seem to like the taste and to be honest, I do too.



SCONES

Ingredients:

225g flour
55g salted butter
25g sugar
150ml milk
1 teaspoon baking powder

METHOD:

- Heat oven to 220° and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together flour, sugar and baking powder. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and mix with a wooden spoon or knife until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth but don't knead too much.
- Pat dough into 2cm thick round. Use round or any shape cutter to stamp out and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen.
- Served with jam, butter or cream.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.