Tuesday 23 December 2014

Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake

Salut,

I liked chocolate cake but I don't eat them too much. I just enjoy them every once in a while. In fact, I love making chocolate cake and give it as a treats for my friends. I made these chocolate sour cream bundt cake few days ago for our lunch gathering. This cake turned out just as moist, rich and delicious. Even taste better with chocolate ganache on top.



CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM BUNDT CAKE

Ingredients:

1 cup salted butter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt) I used cream fraiche legere in French
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the chocolate ganache:
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar

METHOD:

- Preheat oven 180° and butter and flour bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine butter, cocoa and water over medium heat until melted and combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Add half melted butter and whisk until completely blended. Add remaining butter and whisk until all combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and follow by sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into pepared bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare chocolate ganache by melt chocolate, cream and sugar over meduim heat or double boiler until smooth.
- Pour over the cooled cake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.