Monday 28 April 2014

Prawn Fritters (Cucur Udang)

Bonsoir a tous!

This afternoon I made prawn fritters for our simple lunch. These bites make a great light lunch and dip with a little bowl of sweet chilli sauce or ketchup. Prawn fritters or cucur udang is a snacks food commonly eaten as a tea time food in some country in Asia. They were so good and it was nice to try.

Luckily, I didn't need to go to grocery store to buy some vegetables because I had my spring onion which I planted last month and now it's ready to be pick for the prawn fritters ingredients. There is also bean sprouts which I had been growing sprouts in jar few days ago. I also have prawns in my freezer and so wonderful to having everything ready.

Alors, lets look to the cucur udang or prawn fritters recipe below.



PRAWN FRITTERS (CUCUR UDANG)

Ingredients:-
11/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cups water
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of paprika or chilli powder
1 small bowl of bean sprouts
1 stalks spring onion, chopped
1 small bowl of medium prawns, without shell and cut into a small piece
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD:-

- Combined dry ingredients in a bowl and add water, stir until its well combined.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the nonstick pan or wok with sufficient cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Ladle a spoonful mixture into the hot oil. Can do 4-5 pieces at a time.
- Cook on both side of each other fritter until golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of mixture and drain on kitchen paper and served with ketchup or sweet chilli sauce.

Bon appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.