Monday 21 April 2014

Roti John

Bonjour a tous....

I begin this posting with a simple menu for my lunch, this simple and easy food we called roti John in my hometown.. It's just really simple snacks that we get used to ate during a festival where there are many food stall selling a variety of snacks, beverage or even a season fruits.

Roti John is a kind of sandwich using sausage bun or long soft bread and filled with minced meat omelet together with ketchup, mayonnaise and some salad. Here is the recipe of basic Roti John.



ROTI JOHN

2 sausage bun or hotdog bread or french bread
1 large egg
1 shallot - chopped
1 table spoon chopped spring onion or it called ciboulette in France
1/2 tomato - chopped
salt and pepper
mayonnaise and ketchup or hot chilly sauce
butter

METHOD:-

- Cut lenghtways the hotdog bread and keep aside.
- Beat the egg and all ingredients except butter until it mixed well.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and lightly grease with butter.
- Pour a spoonful of the egg mixture onto the pan and spread it into a rectangle shape, cook for a few second and place the bread open side down to stick onto the half cooked egg and let it cook for another few second.
- Turn it over for a while and remove from pan.
- Spread with mayonnaise/ ketchup or chilly sauce or some salad if desire.

Bon appètit a tous...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.