Tuesday 22 April 2014

Carrot Cake (Gateau à la carotte)

Salut a tous....

Today, I'd like to post a simple carrot cake recipe as some of my friends here like to know the recipe which is I made few weeks ago, and they keep telling me how good the cake is...

Alors c'est une recettes simple...




CARROT CAKE

Ingredients:-
1 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking power
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs
3/4 cups vegetable oil
3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups grated carrots
1/2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cups nuts or raisin (optional)


METHOD:-

- Preheat oven to 180°. Prepare one cake pan by lining with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Mix together in a bowl flour, baking soda, baking power, salt, cinnamon.
- In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and sugars for about 2 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minute and more.
- Add the grated carrots, pineapple and nut or raisin if desired.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pan and bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour. Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out. Let cool in pan on rack.

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

200gm cream cheese
1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cups confectioners sugar

- Beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute.
- Spread over top of cake.

Bon appetit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.