Monday 8 June 2020

Corn Fritters

Hello,

I made corn fritters two days in a row for our tea time snack and one for an 'apero' at my mother in law's house and also invited an old friend for dinner last weekend. These light corn fritters make a delicious apero, simple and tasty. I'm so glad that everyone liked it even my MIL asking the next day if there any leftover fritters, but sorry to say that there was no leftover corn fritters. I promise I'll be making these fritters again the next time we visit her.



Try these fritters, it won't be disappointed as they were so good!



CORN FRITTERS

1-2 fresh corns or 1 can corn kernels, drained
1 onion, chopped
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
Some spring onion, chopped
Oil for frying

METHOD;

- In a medium bowl, combine corn, onions, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in hot water little by little, mix well and add plain water, mixing until a batter forms.
- Add spring onion, stirring to combine.
- Heat oil over low heat in a heavy pot or wok for deep frying.
- Once the oil hot enough, drop a spoonful of batter into hot oil, turning once or twice and fry until light golden on both sides.
- Remove the fritters to a paper towels, serve with sweet chili sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.