Friday 4 July 2014

Fish Ginger with Spring Onion

Salut,

When it comes to seafood, prawns is my all time favorite and fish was my second favorite. We all know that fish are good and mon mari loves fish more than what I do. I remembered my mom and my sister always cooked fish beautifully and I still adore they cooking and had the sense to use simple recipes that tasted just fine.

Personally I prefer eating just pan-fried fish or grill fish because it's simple and tasty. But, this fish ginger with spring onion recipe is not only delicious, also quite easy to prepare. Let me share one of the authentic Chinese food  here.


FISH GINGER WITH SPRING ONION

Ingredients:-

300gm fish fillet, any kind of fish as your prefer
3-4 stalks spring onion, (cut about 5cm lengths)
1 shallot, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
5cm ginger, slice thinly
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon corn flour ( mix with 3 tablespoons water)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying

METHOD:-

- Marinate fish fillet with salt and 2 tablespoon of corn flour for at least 20 minutes.
- Fry fish fillet each side but not to break them until it's cook. Set aside.
- With the remaining little oil in wok, sautee garlic, shallot and ginger until fragrant.
- Add a little bit of water and spring onion and stir fry for a minute.
- Add in soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and taste with salt and pepper.
- Add fish and pour with corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Dish out and serve hot with steamed rice.

Voila, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 Hello,  Well, just a short update to wish everyone a very happy new year 2024.  Wishing everyone a joyous new year full of love, hope and p...

About Me

My photo
Salut, je suis une personne ouverte et facile à vivre! I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, I'm still learning a lot by watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. Since cooking is my passion, I also love to sharing it with others and learning new things every day in every way. For me, home cooking should be simple, easy yet so tasty.